question

hampusbankler avatar image
hampusbankler asked

Account deleted on two titles?

I have two Title Id:s, a DEV one and a LIVE one.

When doing some testing, I deleted my account from the DEV environment (through the dashboard "Delete player" button). This account is an account based on my Steam account "Bankler".

Next time I logged into the real game (LIVE), I saw that my account appeared to be reset(!). I logged in to the dashboard, and saw that it was the case. It said "Created today", though it was created over a year ago.

I took a look at the event log under the Admin tabs. On DEV, there are several Delete Player events recorded (as expected), but on LIVE, there are no such events (also as expected). Still, the LIVE account was also deleted.

When deleting a player (through the dashboard) on one title, is it really supposed to delete player accounts (with matching Steam id:s) from other titles?

Since I "just" deleted my own progress, it's not the end of the world (even though it's actually a little sad to not see my stats without being able to recover it). If I had done this mistake to a customer (who had an account on the DEV env, from the alpha test times), it would have been quite a big deal though.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, bear in mind that the Master Player Account is shared across all titles that have the same Publisher ID (all titles in your Studio, by default). That's what lets you sign into the same PlayFab ID across titles (to share player publisher data, for cross-title experiences, correlated all player data to the same person, etc.). To be compliant with GDPR, the "export" option returns information about all titles the player has singed into, in that Publisher ID. And the "delete" option removes the player from all titles in the Publisher ID, as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.