question

velidvrabac avatar image
velidvrabac asked

Email template

Hi,

I'm trying to create password recovery in my unity game.

In email template you have variable "$ConfirmationUrl", where you pass the token that I need to use for request for password change.

Is it possible to get only a token in mail? I want the user to copy the token from mail to the game and make a request from there.

Is it possible?

Best regards.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The password reset email specifically directs the player to a web site where they can change their password. The ConfirmationUrl parameter is replaced with that URL when the mail is generated.

Currently, there is no API that would allow you to update the player password using the token in the URL, as it is a generated code used to temporarily allow the player the right to change the password via that link.

If this is something you'd like to see, I'd recommend adding it to our Feature Requests forum.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

moaz0005 avatar image moaz0005 commented ·

, How can I Create a Callback URL or Error CallBack URL to use in New Email Template.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ moaz0005 commented ·

Here's the tutorial on setting up password recovery emails: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/using-email-templates-to-send-an-account-recovery-email

In there, you'll find this bit:

The Callback URL is the URL that PlayFab will redirect to after the player clicks on the confirmation URL link. It will need to be a hosted web form that contains at very minimum a password field in order to make a ResetPassword API call later in this tutorial.

The implication of this is that the Callback URL is the location of a web site you are hosting that provides password reset functionality for your players. You set up the site and then provide the Url in the template.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.