question

toannguyen avatar image
toannguyen asked

How to get player info from Entity ID of that player?

Hi.

I cant find any API for get player information from Entity ID of that player. There are several APIs but they require Playfab ID of that player, not Entity ID (i'm working with group function)

Thank you for reading.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

toannguyen avatar image toannguyen commented ·

ah, 1 more question please, how can i list all group in project like a query SQL please? Should i have to learn using Cloud Script?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The player account has player information - an "entity" can be a player, character, group, title, publisher, etc. and so is a much broader definition. What exactly are you looking for, when you say "player information"? If you mean anything in the player profile, then you need to be acting on a player account, using the PlayFab ID. The entity layer of the player account is for entity data - Objects and Files.

For the Groups, we will be providing a method to allow for querying the list of available Groups in a future sprint. If you want to track on all Groups created by all players today, you would need to track that data in an external table.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

toannguyen avatar image toannguyen commented ·

I want to get Display Name (on Title player account) when i got Player ID (title - Title player account), because when i request list of player in a group, all i get is their Player Title ID, and i dont know how to get their information from that, Client APIs only work with Player ID (NOT Title)

And one question more please, how can i list all group from a condition like Region = 'US' or something like that

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan toannguyen commented ·

If you're specifically working with the Group API, we'll be updating that to provide more information per-user as we update it with the additional features needed (like Group discovery). But the Display Name for the user can be returned from all friends list requests and leaderboard API calls, just so you know.

However, the current implementation of Groups is not meant to automatically filter on locality, so if you want users to be grouped based upon region, you'll need to make that part of the design of how users find and join Groups.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.