question

nightcaller avatar image
nightcaller asked

Can I increase data retention for Event History? Now it's only 30 days

Hi

As far as I know, the data retention for Event History only stores value of 30 days, so it's impossible for me to track events before that.

For example: Yesterday I'd like to check for the user who purchased our IAP since early access (which lasts for 35 days), but I could only get the data of 30 days.

analytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

You can increase Event Data Retention with trying other tiers. Firstly, you can login to the PlayFab Game Manager. Then visit "Settings" → "Limits" → "Searchable event history" (under "PlayStream" catalog). Click "Searchable event history", you will find available plans like the following:

By changing the plan, you can have a up to 90 days Event Data Retention. And if you need more, you can also contact PlayFab.

Besides, you may also try with Snowflake. With PlayFab's Snowflake integration, you can query across all events for the lifetime of the game and craft your own database queries using SQL, giving you significantly more flexibility and customization. While using Snowflake, there will be no data retention issue.For more info, please see Getting Started With PlayFab + Snowflake.

annotation.png (55.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.