question

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar asked

Is there a way to get revoked inventory items like in GameManager?

I want to get the full inventory of a user including revoked items is this possible via any API call?

How does the GameManager do this?

apisPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the revoked items are tracked separately, and aren't available via API call. What are the details of the scenario you're looking to enable?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image Hamza Lazaar commented ·

Inventory items can be associated with a SharedGroup.
If the inventory item is revoked I lose track of the corresponding SharedGroup.
The end goal is to clean up "orphan" or "leftover" SharedGroups not deleted properly due to errors or anything else.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Hamza Lazaar commented ·

I'm not sure what you mean. Shared Group Data is simply a data space that can have a few players use it - nothing more. Do you mean you're adding a Shared Group ID to the inventory item instance of a player as custom data?

What I would recommend is moving to use Groups instead. Groups will be updated in a future release to support inventory, as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hamza Lazaar avatar image Hamza Lazaar brendan commented ·

> Do you mean you're adding a Shared Group ID to the inventory item instance of a player as custom data?

Yes exactly.

Thanks for the recommendation, will consider it when starting on a new title in the future. Can't change now for this title I'm working on for a client.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.