question

vincitygialam avatar image
vincitygialam asked

Registration email confirmation

Hello. I need to make e-mail confirmation during registration. I've followed email update confirmation tutorial and was fine with it. I have two poaaible solutions.

1) The first idea was to add to PlayerData parameter "verified" and use it before login to reject it if verified is false. But I don't have a clue how to check if player has clicked the confirmation link and bind {verified = true;} to this action.

2) Second solutions comes from Title Player Account. There is a flag "confirmed or not". Is there any way to get this value from client?

But both approaches are not finished because of lack of knowledge. Maybe, second is even easier.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

This tutorial (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/emails/using-a-rule-to-verify-a-contact-email-address) describes the end-to-end process for email validation of player accounts. The email confirmation status is part of the player profile data, then (ContactEmailInfo).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

William Revell avatar image William Revell commented ·

@Brendan The tutorial link you provided for this seems to be dead. Is there a tutorial or detailed walkthrough somewhere that shows how to do email validation where a user will create an account (with an email address), have an account validation email sent to them with a link that then activates their account so that they can now login to the game?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan William Revell commented ·

Thanks, I've updated the link with the version on the new doc site.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.