question

doronhn avatar image
doronhn asked

entities limits - how to check? is it per player? per title?

Hey,

i have few questions about entities-

1. is the limit per player? per title?

2. how do i check if i reach my limit? or close to that limit?

3. is it per request? per response? is it summarized use?

4. i got this email -

this is a notification that Jump Me (title D668) exceeded its current provisioned limit for:

Resource:
Title Player Account entity object size

Limit:
500 bytes

Requested:
523 bytes

Details:
Timestamp: 2018-10-02T15:45:09 UTC
Associated title_player_account ID: 7A3F282A03F72448

entitieslimits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The limits are detailed on the limits page (Settings->Limits in your title), and each has a graph showing your usage and how close you have been to the limit in recent calls. So for example, you can find the limit above here: https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/D668/limits/CustomData/TitlePlayerAccountObjectSize. The limit on object size is the limit for how large a single Entity Object can be.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

doronhn avatar image doronhn commented ·

this is currently my object, he get larger and larger each level the user complete. you have other idea where and how to store it?

is it reasonable that its will exceed 500 bytes?

{"PlayerLevelsList":[{"ID":1,"Stars":1,"CoinsEarn":9,"PowerupsTaken":{"UndoMove":0,"Teleport":1,"Hint":1,"TileStamp":1}},{"ID":2,"Stars":1,"CoinsEarn":13,"PowerupsTaken":{"UndoMove":0,"Teleport":0,"Hint":0,"TileStamp":0}},{"ID":3,"Stars":1,"CoinsEarn":9,"PowerupsTaken":{"UndoMove":0,"Teleport":1,"Hint":1,"TileStamp":1}},{"ID":4,"Stars":0,"CoinsEarn":0,"PowerupsTaken":{"UndoMove":0,"Teleport":0,"Hint":0,"TileStamp":0}}]}
0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan doronhn commented ·

The issue is that once serialized, the Object may well exceed 500 bytes. We do have a work item open with the team to clarify the storage, so that it's clear how to compute the actual storage needs of a given Object. It looks like this would come in just over 500, so if you trim some of your strings down, that should help.

0 Likes 0 ·
doronhn avatar image doronhn brendan commented ·

i dont mind to trim, but this is only 4 level object.

i have over 300 levels...

do you have any solution for my case?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.