question

lingzhuzhang2020 avatar image
lingzhuzhang2020 asked

Stringify argument of Scheduled task

Hi,

I used to use scheduled task for some simple actions, it worked well. Today I found that the argument of scheduled task will be forced stringified everytime I press "save" or "save and run". It will be stringified multiple times (with a lot of \\\\\\\) if I repeat "save". Is it a bug?

My old cloudscript was supposed to receive json objects other than stringified strings, do I have to rewrite those scripts?

Thanks

scheduled tasks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lingzhuzhang2020 avatar image lingzhuzhang2020 commented ·

I just accidentally copied an incorrect argument (not valid JSON) and press Save and Run. And then all my scheduled tasks are all disappear. The incorrect task cannot be aborted (shows ABORTED but no endtime). Title id is D95A. Wish someone could help me and take a look. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

The original problem you hit was discussed in this post from last week: https://community.playfab.com/questions/23510/json-field-reformatting-on-automation-save.html. It's a bug that we're currently working to fix.

As to why all your scheduled tasks disappeared, I can reproduce the issue you describe and will be following up with the game manager team. It appears to be a display bug that occurs when any scheduled task has an invalid value.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lingzhuzhang2020 avatar image lingzhuzhang2020 commented ·

Thank you!! I will wait for further bug fixs

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ lingzhuzhang2020 commented ·

The bug that was preventing you from seeing Scheduled Tasks after entering invalid JSON has been fixed. The original issue that escapes the JSON on save is still there, however.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hans Sjunnesson avatar image Hans Sjunnesson Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Took me a while to figure out this was the bug that's eating my scheduled tasks. Will you let us know when this has been resolved?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.