question

toannguyen avatar image
toannguyen asked

How to get entity id of a group what player title id belong to?

Hi.

I'm building guild function for our games but i cant find any API to get entity ID of a group what player belong to.

Could anyone help me please

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Currently we don't support discovery or query of group entities, only lookup by id or name. I'd recommend storing a player's guild affiliation in their player data. This can then be used to get the group profile, members, roles, etc.

11 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

toannguyen avatar image toannguyen commented ·

oh, thank you very much, i will use player data for it

0 Likes 0 ·
kennyroy avatar image kennyroy commented ·

How would you go about getting the profiles of all of the members of say, a 100 user entity group? Surely it's not 100 GetPlayerProfiles in the same method?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Jensen avatar image Brian Jensen kennyroy commented ·

GetEntityProfilesRequest takes in an array of up to 25 entityIds and gives you their info

0 Likes 0 ·
kennyroy avatar image kennyroy Brian Jensen commented ·

So the flow goes Join group > Add Group to title PlayerData > Load Entity Group Members, GetEntityProfiles[] 25 at a time for the whole group?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
kennyroy avatar image
kennyroy answered

Cannot add any more replies @Brian Jensen.. @Brendan could we have a look at this?

1 comment
10 |1200

Brian Jensen avatar image Brian Jensen commented ·

Check out another thread with info on this

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.