question

Scott Cameron avatar image
Scott Cameron asked

Dashboard Groups unspecified error

When trying to manage a Group in the PlayFab dashboard I now get an unspecified error and cannot continue to manage the group's members, etc.

I was, however, able to manage the Group yesterday without any issues.

Thanks

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Odd. The Groups UI appears to be working in most cases but I can definitely repro the issue with that group on your title. I'll do some digging and get back to you.

Do you know of anything unusual that might have happened to that group recently? Deleted players?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

It looks like my hunch was right. One of the players in that group has been deleted but still shows up in a ListGroupMembers call. We've been iterating on what aspects of a player get deleted recently, so I'd imagine this regressed at some point. Unfortunately, it looks like you also can't fix the issue through a RemoveGroupMembers call (it fails with a ProfileDoesNotExist error). I'll file a bug and we'll get a fix out soon.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott Cameron avatar image Scott Cameron commented ·

Yup, that would be correct. I did delete a player that was part of the group. I should have maybe removed the player from the group before deleting it but I, unfortunately, did not have that foresight.

I am testing my player registration process which involves adding the player to a group. So the only way I found to reliably repeat the test on the same device is to delete the player - which also takes time though. Is there a better way to accomplish this maybe?

I'll have to see if I can work around the issue for the time being - using the API methods. Could you provide a possible timeframe on when this will be fixed?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Scott Cameron commented ·

For your test, you can also try delinking the device id from the player. This will cause a new player record to be created when you login from the device again. It will bloat your player count, though, and definitely the, now orphaned, other player will still be a member of the group.

I'll talk to the team on Monday about prioritizing the fix. I probably won't be able to provide a precise timeline, but I'll make the case for a quick fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Cameron avatar image Scott Cameron Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the insight on the delinking of device id. That'd be awesome if they can get a quick fix in on this. Thanks for the help Andy!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.