question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

Rule not firing on event.

Dear PlayFab community,

I am following the guidelines for setting up an SMTP Add-on and sending mail for email address validation as per this tutorial.

Here is how I set up the Rule:

Yesterday, things seemed to be working fine -- I'd get an email_sent event every time I change the email.

However, today I changed the email address, and no email attempt was made. Here is my player event stream:

Are Rules guaranteed to be invoked (at some point) for the specified triggering event? In other words, are they reliable?

If so, any suggestions for what might have happened here?

Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

They actually are firing. The email service call is failing, due to the other issue you posted about (https://community.playfab.com/questions/23485/problems-with-smtp-add-on-not-working.html?childToView=23486#answer-23486). Let's use the other thread as the follow-up, since that's the core issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.