question

duartedd avatar image
duartedd asked

CDN and Cost

Hello

I am looking for a way to release to mobile and steam via a small client and then will bring in patches via assetbundles - i am looking at the CDN but I am unsure of the cost associated - if i need to test pulling from the CDN will i be charged for this as you are using AWS? I guess i am just unsure where the amount of data starts to be charged at - i read somewhere its AWS fee + 10% - but AWS only charges past 50GB of upload traffic which would be free + 10% = free. The playfab content portion of the game manager states .10 a gb though.

thank you

daniel

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We currently charge $0.10 USD per GB downloaded - we don't base charges on upload. But we don't create completely separate billing accounts in AWS for every title - it's all in one account. So in any case, we're not able to provide pass-through of any per-account offers AWS provides. We're also in the process of moving to use alternate CDN sources, which will help to reduce pricing in future.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.