question

yogesh-0750 avatar image
yogesh-0750 asked

Update usename or email id

Hi,

Is there any way to update username or email ID.

I need to change them through unity

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Username is a fixed value, and cannot be changed. The Contact Email Address can be changed via AddOrUpdateContactEmail. The Master Player Record email address, like the Username, is a set value, and cannot be changed (for security reasons), though your customer service reps can change the email for the user, if you've given them the permission to do so via the Role you've given them on your title.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yogesh-0750 avatar image yogesh-0750 commented ·

Thanks for your reply. but in my app i want the user to login through username and password. and username must be unique. Also give permission to user to change his/her username in the future.

Please guide me how can i achieve this functionality using playfab.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan yogesh-0750 commented ·

You can log in using username/password via LoginWithPlayFab. You would create users for that login method using RegisterPlayFabUser. And yes, the Username must be unique to the player. Specifically, it must be unique across all games in your Studio, since they share their authentication layer (the Publisher ID space). But no, it is not possible to change the Username later - the Username is specifically a fixed value identifying the account.

0 Likes 0 ·
yogesh-0750 avatar image yogesh-0750 commented ·

Thanks.

But Is there any way to make a field in playerdata and make this field primary or unique? Also can change this field as per need.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan yogesh-0750 commented ·

You can write whatever you like to player data, as long as it fits within your data size limits. But that value would not be the PlayFab Username on the account - it would be your own custom value. And no, you would not be able to guarantee uniqueness on that value across all players.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.