question

Seohyunbin avatar image
Seohyunbin asked

Is it possible to add the team member game score for a certain period of time and share the final total score among the team members?

at playfab I heard that Clan has no leaderboard or can't get information from Clan users all at once. We wanted to create content that would allow Clan to compare scores with each other for a certain period of time. ("Clan A score" Vs "Clan B score" )’ However, I think it will be difficult with the current function of the playfab. So I thought of an alternative. Every week, Clan's target score is presented, and when that score is reached, we are working on content that gives him a bonus. Clan's weekly target score is the sum of all Clan members' get point. I know that it's currently not possible to load a list of clan users at once. To do this, when user load a Clan page , have to call every clan member score one by one and sum them up? I hope that when a user sees a clan page, user can load the current clan score. (This clan score is reset every week and is the sum of the points accumulated by users during a week.The clan score is updated whenever users update their scores.) when a user loads a clan page, is it possible to load only the final clan score?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We will be providing leaderboards for Groups (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/entities/entity-groups) in an upcoming release. If you want to implement clan/team/guild leaderboards today, where all players' scores are aggregated, I would have to point you to using an external data system, like a Redis cache (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cache/).

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seohyunbin avatar image Seohyunbin commented ·

Thank you for your answer~

Can you tell when the next release is coming?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Seohyunbin commented ·

Sorry, we don't have a date for that just yet, but we're working on trying to get it prioritized as soon as we can.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Just following up on this - are Group Leaderboards implemented yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

As soon as the new statistics/leaderboard service is in Public Preview, we'll be updating our roadmap and blog page to make sure everyone has the info on how to use it.

1 Like 1 ·
Amar avatar image Amar commented ·
@Brendan

Do you have any updated on the group statistics? We are using Groups in one of the Titles we are building now, and would like to add Group Leader boards, based on the TotalPoints of members in a Group.

For now we had to Hack the Groups, to add a Sudo User to the Group, who has a GroupStastic, that is listed in a Leaderboard. And this SudoUsers Stastic is constantly updated with a cloud script everytime any users statistics of the group is updated.

If will be great if you have a better solution, that can be more effective.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Amar commented ·

First, using a fake user to aggregate data from multiple other users is not supported. There are numerous scenarios where that can cause issues that could require us to throttle your title, so I would advise against that.

The new leaderboard system is being tested in the private preview. As soon as it is available for additional titles, we'll be posting more about this to our blog and roadmap (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/roadmap/).

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins brendan commented ·

Any updates on group leaderboards?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Joe Hopkins avatar image
Joe Hopkins answered

Any updates on the group leaderboard release date?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.