question

Seohyunbin avatar image
Seohyunbin asked

​Can I modify the value of game data automatically once a week?

Can I modify the value of game data automatically once a week?

(Ask if the timer function is available. )

scheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

I'm not sure what's the game data you want to modify. Usually you can take advantage of Scheduled Tasks to achieve what you want. For more information about Scheduled Tasks, please see https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-automation/creating-a-scheduled-task.

Based on the type of your game data, you can choose different type of task. For example, you can use "Run Cloud Script function once" to modify title-wide data. And for player data, you will need "Run actions on each player in a segment". However, please note that it's not recommended to use this mechanism if you want to modify lots of players' data. As this might take a lot of time and different players might have different data at a time.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.