question

nightcaller avatar image
nightcaller asked

Can't group by custom fields in events

Hi guys

I'd like to search for player who starts a tutorial about 3 days ago using Analytics.

My first query is like this:

"eventData.eventName:tutorial_start AND eventData.timestamp:[now-4d TO now-3d]"

(tutorial_start is my custom event)

Then I want to group by tutorial_id, which is a custom field in this event. But at this time Playfab doesn't show the data. It keeps saying "No data to show"

When I switched to "EntityID", it shows just fine.

Here's the screenshot of one of the custom events.

Here's the screenshot of the console

analytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For complex queries like that (specifically using custom fields to aggregate information), you'll need to use the Snowflake integration. In that service, you can do any complex query you need to on the data, in order to enable more deep analytics on your users.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nightcaller avatar image nightcaller commented ·

Hi @Brendan

Thanks for swift reply.

So, does it mean I can't search with Playfab using custom queries and have to use 3rd party service ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan nightcaller commented ·

Right now, you cannot use custom fields from events for compound queries, so you would need to use our Snowflake add-on, or else stream all the events to your own storage using our Webhooks or Event Archive services, so that you could query the data there.

1 Like 1 ·
nightcaller avatar image nightcaller brendan commented ·

Thanks a lot @Brendan

0 Likes 0 ·
Irina Fikhgendler avatar image
Irina Fikhgendler answered

Hi Brendan,
I see "Snowflake integration" and "Snowflake add-on" in several posts/comments but not in docs and add-ons marketplace.
Where can I find it ?
Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

Irina Fikhgendler avatar image Irina Fikhgendler commented ·

Sorry, the answer found already

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.