question

glen avatar image
glen asked

Game Manager Performance Issues

The Game Manager has always run a little slow, but as of recently it's become significantly worse. This is primarily for the Dashboard tab although Automation is also quite painful to use. I thought it might be my browser being out of date so I update it to the latest version of Chrome. However that did not seem to help. I'm not looking for any specific fix, just thought I'd pass this info along in case it's helpful.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

On which title, specifically, are you noticing slow performance on those pages? On most of our demo titles, the pages are still pretty snappy, unless I'm on hotel wifi… :)

0 Likes 0 ·
glen avatar image glen Andy ♦♦ commented ·

DEBE. The dev version of our title seems to function smoother than this one which is the live version.

I should also add that I usually keep a tab for this open in my browser most of the day and when I come back to it after awhile is when it seems to really struggle the most. Refreshing the page tends to take a very long time, could be 1 minute or so.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Title ID DEBE loads quite quickly for me. Are you specifically referring to the API Calls or Cloud Script Processing Time graphs? Those do take longer to load - the time to load will be dependent upon the time period you have set and the total load on that particular system. The automation page does take a good 12-15 seconds to load for me, but that's because you have a fairly massive Cloud Script there, which is what causes the added delay.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

I figured the automation page was due to the Cloud Script which is fine by me. Initially the Dashboard seems to load and work pretty well and sometimes it seem fine, but most of the time it struggles to function. I've had it opened since I posted this original post and having just gone back to it the page seemed like it was not responding but it may have just been the button mouse overs not working. Overall, tonight it seems to be running much better than it has been. I know that's one of the worst things to hear, haha.

Typically when I go back to the tab during the day it becomes almost unusable and refreshing the page doesn't seem to help matters. A lot of the time the page just becomes that solid dark grey background color and stays like that for an extended period of time (1 minute maybe). recently I've just been closing the tab entirely, opening a new tab and then navigating back to the page, though even in that scenario it tends to take quite awhile to load.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan glen commented ·

That's really odd, as I haven't seen what you're describing at all. Any chance you could try a different browser for a little while, to see if it's any different? The latest version of Edge, specifically?

0 Likes 0 ·
glen avatar image glen brendan commented ·

I can try Edge tomorrow or the next time I notice it struggling in Chrome. Considering it's functioning well tonight it doesn't make sense to test just yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.