question

yehor avatar image
yehor asked

The best way to implement events

By 'events' here I mean events, that a date-based and in which players can participate to earn some prizes. Also that events will have a fixed structure so it's kind of entity that lives in fixed period of time. Players logs in, trying to get that entity from server and if he gets it, in-game logic creates some inner level for him based on that entity data. For now I see the only way to add it manually as json to title data, but I believe there is better solution. Maybe with some automatisation to remove old events and activate new that are pending.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What most titles are doing right now is storing all the start/stop info for the events, and the changes that need to be applied, in Title Data, and then driving the use of the data, etc. via Cloud Script. You can use a "run Cloud Script once" type of Scheduled Task (so, not running it on a segment) that runs on a regular basis, which makes changes to Title Data at the start/stop times as well.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yehor avatar image yehor commented ·

"Scheduled tasks" is what I was looking for. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.