question

rmilne avatar image
rmilne asked

Inventory Items for characters are getting exported incorrectly

I am calling ExportMasterPlayerData, and am receiving a RAR file back. Inside the RAR file, I find that the data that describes what items a specific character has, does not match what the Web Interface or Client API report.

For example, my character has two active items, as reported by the Web Interface: A single use item, and 7 copies of a stackable item. That makes a total of 8 items owned by this character. The running game (which uses the Client API) agrees with this view of reality.

At this point, things will begin to get more confusing.

In the Web Interface, I can click an eyeball icon, and Show Expired/Revoked/Stacked.

Now, I see 6 items tagged as "Stacked". Where is the 7th stackable item? There is also the same two "active" items listed again. Everything has Instance ID's, which I will make use of in a moment.

In the RAR file, I see only 6 items, and each is marked with a Status=Stackable. Their ID's match the Web interface where items were reported as "Stackable". However, the items that were marked as "Active" in the Web Interface are missing here in the RAR, as is one of the stackables, considering the Web Interface thinks we have 7 of them and I only see 6 items total in the RAR. That puts me short of two items - One stackable item and the single-use item.

Examining other characters, I see more ways that the exported data seems to deviate from reality. I see items marked as "Succeeded" and "Revoked" or "Stacked", but never "Active". "Succeeded" does not seem to be a synonym for "Active" either.

I've not yet found documentation as to what the 'Status' value means, in this exported data either. I suspect that character inventory is quite broken in the ExportMasterPlayerData results.

apis
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rmilne avatar image rmilne commented ·

I forgot to mention - the InstanceId's of the Active items are nowhere to be found in the exported data either.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I'm going to do some digging into this. I may role it into the same bug as the character virtual currencies export bug if it turns out like you reported. Thanks!

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

By the way - how will I know when a fix is rolled out, and which version of the SDK I would eventually have to get?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ rmilne commented ·

I'll try to post back here when we have a fix (I linked this thread to the bug), but you won't have to make any changes. It will be a back-end change that will just start working correctly for you once we've deployed the fix.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you again, Andy! :-)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.