question

Canberk Soner avatar image
Canberk Soner asked

Filtering Leaderboards

In our online game, we need multiple filters for leaderboards. For now, we are going to build leaderboards based on XP.

1) Filtering game modes:

-All game modes

-Team Deathmatch

-Capture the Flag

2) Filtering by maps:

-All maps

-Desert

-City

3) Filtering by location:

-Global

-User's country

We need to show the user a leaderboard for every possible combination of the above. For example, we want the user to see a leaderboard that ranks players by XP they earned in Capture the Flag game mode in Desert map.

These game modes and maps are just examples, we have a lot more maps and game modes. I've seen in other topics that this should be accomplished by separate statistics. But in this scale, how do I do that? I would need a statistic for every combination, it would also be a huge work to keep "global" filters in sync with others.

For example, when a player's DesertTeamDeathMatchXP increases, I would need to increase "Desert AllGameModes Xp", "All maps All Game Modes Xp", "All maps Team Deathmatch Xp" and so on.

Even without including countries and ranking parameters other than XP (such as wins, ELO etc.), this is an insane number of statistics.

Is it possible to create such a detailed leaderboard in Playfab right now? Am I missing something?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Right now, leaderboards can be filtered for the player's friend list. We will be supporting complex geo and tag-based filtering on leaderboards in a future update, but we don't have a specific timeline we can share for that just yet.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.