question

yehor avatar image
yehor asked

Contact email unique check

Hello. I have problem in implementing check for email uniquiness. I create and login user through google/apple id, but also I need their email to send info about tournaments etc. I can set contact email, but not the master title email. The idea was to use Get Account Info by email and if it returns something, then email is not unique (used by someone else), but it looks like GetAccountInfo searches by master email, not contact. Is there any option to set master email through server API or maybe some other way to achieve this?

Account ManagementTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Right now, the way to add an email address at the Master Player Account level would be by using https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/AddUsernamePassword. The thing to understand is that the email, in that context, is part of the player's authentication credentials (email/password), which is why you'd also have to set that (and a Username) as part of that call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.