question

contact@gentlymad.org avatar image
contact@gentlymad.org asked

Can not upload Server Build Package. Page always refreshes.

When trying to upload a Server Build Package via developer.playfab.com the page is always refreshed after 3-5% have been uploaded. We tried it in Chrome, Firefox and IE. The page refresh happens on all of them.

We are using the Test tier.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

This has been resolved, so you shouldn't have issues with it anymore. The specific issue was due to space availability on a staging server, but we're putting a job in place to monitor and alert on this (as well as clean up unneeded files) now, so you shouldn't see this again.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

contact@gentlymad.org answered

Uploading a Build Package still fails at 3-5% when using Chrome v46, at 20-25% when using IE 11 , but works fine now in Firefox v41.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's very odd - from our side, it's an S3 upload in all cases, and our site is designed first and foremost for Chrome (it's not fully tested on other browsers, frankly). I take it the build currently uploaded for your title is the one you're testing in all cases (the one in as "1" right now)? I just pulled it down from S3 and used Chrome locally to upload it via the Game Manager without any issues. My guess is that this is likely going to be a retry/timeout issue, where Chrome isn't being as aggressive about maintaining the upload. Any chance you can get a Wireshark or Netmon capture of the upload attempt?

10 |1200

contact@gentlymad.org answered

Sure thing, i'll send you a wireshark capture next week.

10 |1200

Jon avatar image
Jon answered

Hi,

It appears this has returned again.  

I am getting to 1% and then a page refresh.  I was able to upload on Friday (03/04/16), but not Saturday or today.

thanks,

Jon

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Do you have a Wireshark or Netmon capture we can look at? Again, on the backend it's a straight S3 upload, so unless AWS S3 is having an issue, this is likely going to be an ISP or browser issue, but the capture would be able to show us more clearly what's happening.

10 |1200

Jon avatar image
Jon answered

It appears to be a build-related issue.

If I build on my laptop (build id 1) it will upload from either the laptop or the PC.

If I build on my PC (build id 3) it will not upload from either the PC or the laptop.

(There are code changes between build id 1 & build id 3.)

I have not used Wireshark or Netmon.  I will look into those if this problem persists.

Thanks

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Interesting and strange. All that's being uploaded to S3 is a Zip file - and even then, S3 can take pretty much any file type, so I wouldn't expect it to get stuck on the upload. Can you share the build that won't upload somewhere we can have a look at it? We do have a verification step for any uploaded build, but that would only occur after the file has completed upload.

10 |1200

Jon avatar image
Jon answered

Hi,

Yes, I can share it.  I have it on Google drive, but I would prefer to not put the link on the open forum.  Is there an e-mail address I can send it to?

I did some more testing today.  I have a different build of the same code (some client-side changes), that was built on my laptop.  It uploads fine and is running now.  But if I try to upload the build I created Saturday, I get the page refresh after 1%.

I can make both zip files available to you.

Thanks,

Jon

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, for items requiring confidentiality, please send a mail to devrel@playfab.com. Thanks!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.