question

ivanrogovoydev avatar image
ivanrogovoydev asked

GetPlayerCombinedInfo returns a lot of duplicates of items in character inventories

Hi!

Something bad happened today and GetPlayerCombinedInfo started to return a lot of duplicates of items in all character inventories for all of our users.

You can easily reproduce this issue in Test API here:
https://api.playfab.com/documentation/Server/method/GetPlayerCombinedInfo

With parameters:
Title ID: 5A2D
InfoRequestParameters: { "GetCharacterInventories": true, "GetCharacterList": true}
PlayFabId: 3E5E019ED6E83B85

Duplicates will have the same item instance id.

Please, help us with this issue as we forced to pause our beta test right now.

Thanks!

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I'm able to reproduce this behavior in my own title and it appears to be a bug. Every inventory item is duplicated once for every character the player has. GetUserInventory and GetCharacterInventory calls work as expected, though. Do you happen to know if this is a recent occurrence or when it started happening?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ivanrogovoydev avatar image ivanrogovoydev commented ·

It started to happen today (within 24 hours). We didn’t change anything on PlayFab or our client recently. Yesterday and before that everything was fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ ivanrogovoydev commented ·

Thanks. We found the change that caused it. We're working on a fix, but I don't have an ETA right now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.