question

activedreaminc avatar image
activedreaminc asked

How to setup Unicorn Battle client after finishing back end setup

Hi everyone,

I am confused as to how to setup the client side of Unicorn Battle. The client side guide suddenly jumped to editing globalsettings script and inputting PlayFab details in Editor. Should I start new project then import custom package Unicorn Battle? I tried opening Authentication Scene directly and it gave me a bunch of errors. Also, are there any tutorials about Unicorn Battle?

Thank you for your reply,

Best Regards,

Dennis

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Tutorials for Unicorn Battle are listed in Wiki. To setup the client side, you can refer to Unicorn Battle Client Guide especially Download source and compile yourself. There is no need to start a new project. After downloading the whole project, you can use Unity to open "UnicornBattle/UnicornBattle" folder to load the project. Then you should be able to see the Unity Editor Extension and set up it.

Besides, the Unicorn Battle Client was built with iOS and Android targets. While opening with other target, there might be unexpected errors. If you open it with correct target, there should be no error.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Also, what errors are you getting specifically? Can you confirm that you used the tool from the wiki link above to configure your Title ID with all the setup it needs for Unicorn Battle?

0 Likes 0 ·
activedreaminc avatar image activedreaminc commented ·

Hi @Brendan and @JayZuo, thank you for your reply,

I did as instructed in the Client Guide but the Playfab Unity Editor did not appear in my case. I only change the TitleID in GlobalStrings.cs and I cannot successfully build the apk from my Unity 5.6.3 because of the errors as shown in the attached image.

Please help me resolve this issue,

Thank you

Best Regards,

Dennis

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ activedreaminc commented ·

Have you tried to re-import the sdk to solve this issue like https://community.playfab.com/answers/22602/view.html?

0 Likes 0 ·
activedreaminc avatar image activedreaminc activedreaminc commented ·

Hi @JayZuo,

Thank you for your reply. I managed to get facebook errors solved using re-import sdk as you have told. However, now I have a lot of errors regarding google. How to solve this issue?

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,

Dennis

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
activedreaminc avatar image activedreaminc commented ·

Hi @Brendan, thank you for your reply, I have updated Android SDK. But I am confused as to how to update Play Service Resolver. Do you have any guide how to do this? Also, do you have any other demo besides Unicorn Battle to show PlayFab integration?

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,

Dennis

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan activedreaminc commented ·

Try this: Open a new project. Add the latest Android and PlayFab SDKs. Pull in the latest resolver plugin: https://github.com/googlesamples/unity-jar-resolver.

Add this to an editor .cs file:

Google.VersionHandler.InvokeInstanceMethod(svcSupport, "DependOn", new object[] { "com.google.android.gms", "play-services-ads-lite", "LATEST" });
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.