question

antoniodeveloper avatar image
antoniodeveloper asked

it is possible to create a new leaderboard for an api (JavaScript)

I want to make a web tool available for a client to create their leadeboards

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Well, any statistic written to your game is a leaderboard, so technically, turning on the Client API call to allow clients to write to stats would allow this. However, the reasons we have it turned off by default are twofold:

1. If the client can write to statistics, it's trivially easy to cheat the scores written.

2. You only have a finite number of statistics to work with. In the Essentials tier, it's 25. In the Indie/Pro tiers, it's 100. In the Enterprise tier, we can provide more depending on your needs. Once you max this out, attempts to write to a new statistic will fail.

What would be best would be to describe the actual gameplay experience you're trying to create, so that we can advise you on the best way to accomplish your goals.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

antoniodeveloper avatar image antoniodeveloper commented ·

Hi, I want a client to only create a leaderboard through an api and not update values in it, I can do the creation of the leaderboard through the playfab site but I want to give another way for my clients to be able to create their leaderboard

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan antoniodeveloper commented ·

There's literally no difference. A leaderboard specifically is created as a result of a new statistic being written to the service.

But more to the point, why exactly do you want the player to be able to create a leaderboard. Again, you have a limited number of leaderboards, total. So it wouldn't take very long from when your game launches to when you run out of leaderboards. What is the actual gameplay feature you are trying to enable?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.