question

yehor avatar image
yehor asked

Registration email confirmation

Hello. I need to make e-mail confirmation during registration. I've followed email update confirmation tutorial and was fine with it. I have two poaaible solutions.

1) The first idea was to add to PlayerData parameter "verified" and use it before login to reject it if verified is false. But I don't have a clue how to check if player has clicked the confirmation link and bind {verified = true;} to this action.

2) Second solutions comes from Title Player Account. There is a flag "confirmed or not". Is there any way to get this value from client?

But both approaches are not finished because of lack of knowledge. Maybe, second is even easier.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Option 2 is easier. A call to GetPlayerProfile can return the current set of contact email addresses associated with a player if the ProfileViewConstraints are set to include ShowContactEmailAdresses. Each of these addresses includes a VerificationStatus field. This will tell you if they're confirmed, pending, or haven't been verified at all.

Please note that if you want this piece of profile data to be available on the client, you have to select it under settings on the Client Profile Options tab (under the "Allow client access to sensitive profile properties" header).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yehor avatar image yehor commented ·

Thanks, Andy. I've figured out how to achieve what i need! Because I use Unreal BP it was quite tricky. If someone else will have problems with ProfileViewConstraints in UE BP, maybe they'll find it helpfull. To build constraints from bp you have to format ALL possible constraints to json like this: {"Constraint1":"true", Constraint2":"false"...}.

0 Likes 0 ·
Henry avatar image Henry commented ·

It's not necessary to set all possible constraints. Here is my implementation in BP:

Activate ShowContactEmailAdresses fist. Go to your game on PlayFab -> Titel setting -> Client Profile Options -> Section ALLOW CLIENT ACCESS TO SENSITIVE PROFILE PROPERTIES -> set "Contact email addresses" (Check out the info icon as well)

Here my BP implementation:

Hope that helps if you come across that thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
unbenannt.jpg (148.6 KiB)
Takyin avatar image Takyin Henry commented ·

I know it's been a while but unfortunately this doesn't work, it always returns false ,_,)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.