question

Khiem Nguyen avatar image
Khiem Nguyen asked

LoginWithFacebookInstantGamesId always return error 500?

Hi, we are developing an FB Instant game, we enabled FB Instant game Add-ons, fill the data. We try to use LoginWithFacebookInstantGamesId but the server always return error code 500.

Here is a sample of error:

Please help us! Thank you.

Authentication
error.png (14.2 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Could you please share more details? Does LoginWithFacebookInstantGamesId give you this 500 error? How do you use this method? Could you share some code?

0 Likes 0 ·
Khiem Nguyen avatar image Khiem Nguyen JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Yes, The LoginWithFacebookInstantGamesId request returns a 500 code error. We request a SignedPlayerInfo from FBInstant SDK and when Promise complete and return data, we use that to make a login request. The code you is in my reply in Andy'answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

This appears to, indeed, be a bug on our backend exclusive to LoginWIthFaceBookInstantGamesId. I've assigned it to the dev team, so hopefully we'll get it fixed soon. It's a transient error, though, so retrying the login request should allow you to work around it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Khiem Nguyen avatar image Khiem Nguyen commented ·

Hi @Andy, Have any update on that? The bug still happens.

0 Likes 0 ·

Update: It's work fine now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I think this may be a bug on our side (just about any 500 error should be). As JayZuo requested, could you provide any additional context about the failing calls? It looks like, for those that don't result in a 500 error, you're getting back an invalid signature error. Do you know what might be different about the calls that return the two different errors?

2 comments
10 |1200

Thank you for the reply. I don't know why it happens. At first, we tried integrated Playfab to our game, try to push it FB Instant platform and work perfectly. The day later, without any modification in that connect code, the error happens. Here is the code we use: (the live version of FB Instant SDK is 6.2 and Playfab is lastest JS SDK):

0 Likes 0 ·
fblogin-code.png (16.6 KiB)

For more information, we use TypeScript 3.0.3

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.