question

dan avatar image
dan asked

Weirdness with Master Player Identities / Linked Accounts

Hi there!
I am currently setting up my second game with Playfab and am noticing some weird crossovers (or lack thereof) with the Master Player Account.

For example, If I look at a player in one app (Tsuro) he is only linked to Facebook...

...but in the other game, Roll For It, the master account is linked to Game Center and an iOS Device....

Surely the Master Account should be identical, regardless of what game I view it from? What am I seeing here? A bug? Or is there a particularity of this system I am missing?

Cheers,
Dan

Account Management
account-tsuro.jpg (110.3 KiB)
account-rfi.jpg (123.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

This looks like a display bug in the Game Manager. The two title accounts are definitely linked through that master player account. I verified publisher data is properly communicated across the title boundary. I'm going to follow up with the Game Manager team to see what might be going on with the display of the data.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dan avatar image dan commented ·

That's good to know. Any chance you can get them to make linked Google Play accounts show up as well? ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ dan commented ·

Do you have an example of a linked google play account not showing up? I've definitely seen it working. I wonder if it's an instance of the same bug?

Specifically what's going on with the problem you're seeing above is that the person hasn't logged into either game using their iOS or gamecenter login since they started playing the second game. As soon as they log into either game using a linked account, it will be visible across all titles. We'd like to make all links visible across all titles immediately, but there are some architectural hurdles. We'll get there eventually.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.