question

eswitzer07 avatar image
eswitzer07 asked

1074 Authentication error when using Steam Login

Hi,

I can recall doing this correctly in the past and not having any issues with setting a User Title Display Name from the client when logged in with steam, but for some reason I cant get any of the API calls to run when logging in with Steam as I get a 1074 Authentication error.

It works fine with a CustomID Login, and only seems to happen when using the Steam login.

Is there a setting that prevents specific login types from being able to use API calls? Attached is my image of how I go about login and the SetUserTitleDisplayName

Thanks in advance for any insight that can be offered - title Im trying this on is 2DE3

1074error.png (298.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Looking at the API call history for your title, it appears as if most of your LoginWithSteam calls are actually returning an InvalidParams error. This could easily be what's leading to your NotAuthenticated error. Getting the Steam login call to work can be a bit tricky. We frequently see errors in the way the SteamTicket parameter is formatted.

I'd recommend focusing on the login calls for now and then we can tackle the auth errors once you know login is working consistently.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eswitzer07 avatar image eswitzer07 commented ·

Hmm, odd. Ive been using this same function to format and get the steam ticket for quite sometime now.

On the playfab side of things accounts seem to be created and linked to the playfab title account just fine using this function (unless there is a way for the account to be created and linked, but still return an InvalidParams error)

Really lost now, since Ive never seen the InvalidParams error on my end, and the accounts are created and linked fine using this function. Using this I still do get a seemingly valid session ticket, but no API calls can be made.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ eswitzer07 commented ·

Note that not all Login calls are producing the InvalidParams errors and you are definitely successfully creating accounts periodically. If possible, I'd like to have you focus on a single user's flow, ideally through a tool like Postman so that everything is easy to track.

Check to ensure you get a 200 success on steam login and then use the returned session ticket. Then, try using that session ticket as part of a simple client call (maybe GetAccountInfo).

If you can get that flow working on top of the raw rest API, it should help to figure out what needs to be done inside your game. Of course, if you continue to hit errors, we're here to help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.