question

arnesso avatar image
arnesso asked

Unreal/Unity Example project movement sync

Hey,

I would be curious , is there any example project where I can wee how to sync player action/movement ? Because i have found about login, but multipalyer sync i have not found ( Unreal engine blueprint) or Unity 2018
In case of unity, i would like to leave photon and using only Playfab, for authticating and matchmaking as well
Is it possible ?

Furthermore, in case of Unreal , I have mutliplayer blueprint project, i woudl liek to convert to playfab server,.
Thank you for any help
Cheers!

unity3dsdksunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Player actions and movement are going to be game-specific, though in the case of some engines, there are built-in libraries for some things (the example in this case is that Unreal provides a fairly complete solution for 3D games, including NPC movement). In particular, syncing player movement between real players (non-NPCs) is going to vary depending on whether you want to use any prediction (and what type). In any case though, that's well outside the scope of the PlayFab services - we provide service components for a complete backend for your game, as well as complete live game operations. But for game-specific features like player actions and movements, your best bet will be the support forums for the engine you're using.

For the question on Photon, can you clarify what you mean by "using only PlayFab"? You can indeed use our service for matchmaking (authentication is a given), if you are using some form of server hosting (either hosted by us or elsewhere). But if you're referring to Photon Realtime, that's a Room-based relay service, so in that case you'd need to move to using hosted game servers.

For your server question, any server executable that can run on a Windows Server 2K12 R2 host machine can run in our current hosting, and we'll be providing more options with our Compute V2 hosting, which will be available later this year.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.