question

totaloncue avatar image
totaloncue asked

Snowflake issue creating custom views

I'm following the Snowflake tutorial posted here

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/getting-started-with-playfab-snowflake but hit a snag at the point of trying to create my own custom logins view as described in the tutorial.

Specifically, I get an error message that says 'Cannot perform CREATE VIEW. This session does not have a current schema. Call 'USE SCHEMA', or use a qualified name.'

The user role is Account Admin.

Any advice on how to set up custom views is appreciated.

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

It sounds like, for some reason, the full context isn't set for your snowflake worksheet. If you look in the top right, you should see a context selection UI that includes role, warehouse, database, and schema. You'll want to make sure schema is set to PUBLIC.

If you continue to run into problems creating your view, let us know.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

totaloncue avatar image totaloncue commented ·

Thanks Andy -- I managed to get it working after setting the schema to public as suggested (not sure why it wasn't by default).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.