question

Planet 316 avatar image
Planet 316 asked

No response when downloading entity file

Unity 2018.2

SDK 2.48.180809

I have successfully been able to upload files to the entity. The file uploads and I can see it in the player dashboard.

I used the PlayFabDataAPI.GetFiles call and I get the link for the file. I then tried to use both the PlayFabHttp.SimpleGetCall and UnityWebRequest to download the file, however neither is returning a response. I don't get an error or a success on the Playfab call and UnityWebRequest doesn't seem to ever get a response.

The file is a small test file and I have tried copying and pasting the link in a browser and it downloaded the file that way just fine, I just don't seem to be getting a response in Unity.

Is there a setting for Playfab I'm missing?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Sorry, looks like I missed this yesterday. I wouldn't recommend using anything in PlayFabHTTP. It's not really meant for public consumption. What you may want to take a look at is Unity's WWW class (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/WWW.html). That should neatly encapsulate a file downloaded over the internet. It also happens to be what we use in Unity to make our web requests.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.