question

lucianblack avatar image
lucianblack asked

Unreal Engine Blueprints Title News

I am trying to integrate PlayFab into my UE project using Blueprints. I have been able to establish a working login and registration screen. I am trying to display the title news in a specific place on the main menu. I tried setting up one BP segment but it did not produce the anticipated results. I am very new at this so I am very confident it is 100% on my end but I am hoping that maybe someone has a working setup that can assist or even point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

unrealTitle News
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I have no experience with Blueprints, but I did want to let you know that there is a very simple sample included with the UE4 Blueprint SDK (in GitHub here: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealBlueprintSDK/tree/master/PlayFabSDK/ExampleProject). It shows some of the basic flow. I'm sure it doesn't use the title news API, but it does show how to wire up OnSuccess handlers and do stuff with the response.

If that sample isn't able to get you over the hurdle, feel free to post a little bit more of what you're trying right now and someone should be able to help you out.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

William Moore avatar image
William Moore answered

First I want to say there might be a better way of do this but this is what I have. I made a news widget and inside the event graph I did a client (make sure it's the client not server or admin) call for Get Title News on Event Construct. This has to happen after the client has logged in so you can't have this on the login window but after that happens or you will get a non authorized error. Then you right click on the Request input pin and select "Spit Struct Pin". Then set the Request Count to 1. I then made two custom events from the On Success and On Failure. You can then right click on the result section in the new On Success custom event and then "Split Struct Pin" (same for on Failure if you like) this then showed a result request and a Result News Array Json. I pulled off the Result news away and did a For Each Loop. From that I pulled of the Array Element and did a Get Field put in the field name matching the section I wanted from the Title News in playfab for example Body. Then pulled from the Return Value and did a As String. From here I called and set text for whatever text boxes I was using in my widget. I then make Get Field calls for the other fields I want from my Play Fab news post and set them up the same.

P.S. I know this is a really old post but I hope it helps. It seems like documentation and help for Unreal Engine is really really bad on here for some reason.

sc111.png (327.8 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.