question

dougdossett avatar image
dougdossett asked

Will 3rd party profile info automatically populate the PlayFab profile on account creation/linking?

Say I want to have my user log on with a Steam account and then I want to use their Steam user name and avatar for display in their profile in my app. Will those get pulled into the PlayFab profile automatically by linking the accounts or will I need to do a manual pull/update?

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Third-party profile info will not automatically be used to populate the PlayFab profile, you will need to manually pull/update as one PlayFab account can be linked to multiple 3rd party accounts. So it's up to you to decide which info should be used. You can get the Steam user name and avatar with Steam API first and then use UpdateUserTitleDisplayName and UpdateAvatarUrl to populate the PlayFab profile.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.