question

lmo avatar image
lmo asked

Unity Download Content from CDN before Log-in,Download content with CDN before login

Hi, I have several assets that I want to download before launching the game but Playfab requires me to be logged in before downloading any asset from the CDN, is there a way to get files from CDN without making any login. I'm using the Unity SDK.

I currently get the following error when I try to get the download URL.

PlayFabException: Must be logged in to call this method PlayFab.PlayFabClientAPI.GetContentDownloadUrl

Hi, I have several assets that I want to download before launching the game but Playfab requires me to be logged in before downloading any asset from the CDN, is there a way to get files from CDN without making any login. I'm using the Unity SDK.

I currently get the following error when I try to get the download URL.

PlayFabException: Must be logged in to call this method PlayFab.PlayFabClientAPI.GetContentDownloadUrl

unity3dsdksContent
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

All Client API calls, apart from login and password reset, require a signed in user. What is the context in which you cannot log the user in before getting the content? Why is it not possible to sign the user in with a Device ID or Custom ID (which would require zero user interaction)?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lmo avatar image lmo commented ·

Probably it's only the way I'm used to implement the games, the very first step I would do is to check weather I have all the assets that I need to launch the game, this would probably be the first loading screen, then I would proceed to a home screen or log-in screen and then I would do any authentication weather anonymous or with real credentials... but as you say with playfab I might need first to do an anonymous log-in with the device id and then a real log-in... I find it a bit clumsy but it would work too.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.