question

krishole avatar image
krishole asked

Matchmaking Enable Queue

so in the docs for client matchmake function here in the "try it" section it has the option to EnableQueue, however i can't see this exposed anywhere in the UE4 sdk, is this a planned feature or one that has since been removed?

I'm also struggling to find any other docs or tutorials on just how the matchmaking works under the hood? Is it possible to have matchmaking queues with the default playfab MM service? For instance, it would wait until X players were found to join a new match before returning a game instance to them all?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

EnableQueue is not in use and has been deprecated. The current matchmaking system is extremely simple - given the parameters you pass in, it finds the first empty slot in a session that matches those parameters, and returns it. If there's no match and you've specified that the call can create a session, it does that and returns a slot in that session. We are about to release a newer matchmaker, as described in our blog (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/playfab-roadmap-2018-q3-july-september-edition). If you need more custom matchmaking though, I'd recommend using our Matchmaker API to construct your own matchmaker server.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

krishole avatar image krishole commented ·

How does it work with the statistic search? is it an exact search or closest to?

For instance, say I have the statistic Rank which ranges from 1000-5000 and there are 4 servers open with the values 1059, 4928, 3283, 2381, 4112 and i pass along 4000 to the matchmake call, will that return the instance with the closest number to it?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan krishole commented ·

When you use a statistic, the open servers are ordered by the absolute value of the difference between the stat you supply and the servers. So yes, it's "closest to".

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.