question

k-krrs avatar image
k-krrs asked

Matchmake and StartGame returning 500 Internal Server Error

When I try to connect to my server build on PlayFab, I keep getting a 500 Internal Server Error. I've triple checked all gamemode names, executable name, build IDs and the like. What could be the issue? TitleID is 423D. I manage the whole thing with this code:

https://pastebin.com/3f49GyVM

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Was this recent? I was looking through the API call history for that title over the last day and see a matchmake call that returned an invalid parameters error and a successful startgame call.

0 Likes 0 ·
k-krrs avatar image k-krrs Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Successful startgame call? I still got a 500 Internal Server Error on all my calls.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Also, can you re-upload the build you were trying to use, and configure it as it was at the time you saw this? There's no server build in your title right now: https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/423D/servers/builds

0 Likes 0 ·
k-krrs avatar image k-krrs brendan commented ·

I can and will but I'm just worried about my server hours :P please shut down the server when you see the logs (which I assume is what you want to do) so I don't waste unnecessary testing time if that's possible, thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ k-krrs commented ·

As long as you don't put a region on your build, we won't attempt to provision any VMs for them. Also, just to confirm, you did set a region originally, correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The build in your title is configured with the executable as "gameserver.exe", and there's a gameserver.exe at the root of your build zip file, so that's good. The only other reason you should be seeing a 500 error would be due to trying to do matchmaking before you have any servers in an active state. Please try this: Start a server in a region. Wait for the server to get to the Running state. Then try matchmaking. If that doesn't work, please provide the specifics of your test - all the parameters you're passing into the Matchmake or StartGame call, and the region you used for the test.

12 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

k-krrs avatar image k-krrs commented ·

What I'm passing into StartGame is only

BuildVersion = "Test1", GameMode = "Basic", Region = Region.EUWest

Am I supposed to pass something more since I'm not giving a LobbyID?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan k-krrs commented ·

No, those are the only required parameters. At this point, I'd have to test in your title directly. Do you mind if I turn on a server for a few minutes to check the results?

0 Likes 0 ·

Not at all. I'll upload a new build for you to test on.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
k-krrs avatar image k-krrs commented ·

@Brendan sorry for the wait, I uploaded a build now.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan k-krrs commented ·

So, I activated your Test1 in one region - USEast. I waited for it to be in the Running state, and I sent a Matchmake call to it:

{
  "BuildVersion": "Test1",
  "Region": "USEast",
  "GameMode": "Basic"
}

The result was successful - no issues:

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "LobbyID": "12539931535607141036",
        "ServerHostname": "54.172.179.77",
        "ServerPublicDNSName": "ec2-54-172-179-77.compute-1.amazonaws.com",
        "ServerIPV6Address": "2600:1f18:70d:5100:7507:76f0:5036:8d98",
        "ServerIPV4Address": "54.172.179.77",
        "ServerPort": 9000,
        "Ticket": "90B9E199AA546042-0-6F7AA975A16A6BAB-423D-8D60CEABAE5B3ED-h/GXa8+qrKAYYDsyzQpBD72m6yFGHUc9knzM0Jer1NU=",
        "Expires": "2018-08-28T13:34:41.7000429Z",
        "Status": "Complete"
    }
}
1 Like 1 ·

How come it returns a code 500 on my end? Perhaps it has to do with the client script?

https://pastebin.com/NmxXN8Vs

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.