question

JJNCreator avatar image
JJNCreator asked

Unable to delete Virtual Currency from Game Manager

I was trying out Virtual Currency in Test Mode and planning to upgrade to the Free Tier. I don't want VC in my game, but for some reason, it won't let me delete it. Not sure if this is a bug, but help is much appreciated.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry for the delay on this - we've disabled deletion of virtual currencies temporarily, to prevent accidental deletion of virtual currencies for live titles (where the VC in question is in use). As soon as we have some additional protections built in (confirmation dialog, etc.), we'll re-enable this.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jon@meephead.com avatar image
jon@meephead.com answered

Do you guys normally take 12 days to reply to issue reported? This doesn't make feel very confident about the kind of support I will get if something goes wrong or if I have a question about something.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the fact that it was 4 business days before we replied to this post (the question was from Oct 13, and the response was Oct 19) is a reflection of the move to the new support site. We normally respond to all questions and issues within 1-2 business days, but getting everything ported over to the site and systems in place to make sure we had accurate tracking did come a minor disruption. In all cases, if you ever have an outstanding question which hasn't been answered in 2 business days, you should feel free to email us at devrel@playfab.com.

And to make sure everyone has all the info, monitoring of the service for any alerts that occur for titles does have on-call engineers available 24/7, so that we can respond within minutes to anything out of the ordinary.

10 |1200

Jaroslavs Kuprijanovs avatar image
Jaroslavs Kuprijanovs answered

5 years have passed and there still no way to delete it. Moreover there is no way to edit the code. So if I make a typo in the code there is no way to fix it.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.