question

mynameissimon avatar image
mynameissimon asked

Can't 100% delete player profiles/accounts

When I'm at the game manager, I think you call it that (the playfab dashboard)?, and I click on a profile in the list then press "delete player" something strange happens. The player gets deleted from the list of players but the count ontop says that there's still X amount of players left (this also shows in the analytics). Addition to that, when I try to log in with an non existing user (random entry) a new user without any information is created in the list of players. However this might have something to do with bad flow in my code but I can't figure out whats wrong.

Thanks in advance -

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's correct. We do not re-use the PlayFab ID of the user, as certain things (revenue generating events, for example) are not deleted, only obfuscated. So, 100% of all potentially personally identifying information is removed, and title-specific data for the user (like player data) is removed, but the "shell" of the account will remain, as that's what the events are associated with. That way, using the revenue event example, your reporting for purchases in the game stays accurate and you can still use the anonymized data for the player's usage as part of your analytics.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mynameissimon avatar image mynameissimon commented ·

Okay, that makes sense! Thank you for your quick answer!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.