question

officetest avatar image
officetest asked

Video / Photo Upload to Playfab Storage from Unity?

Hello! I am looking for a way to do video / image uploading/downloading using Unity and Playfab.

Is this possible with Playfab in the first place? The videos for example have to be available to download from all users (automatically loaded when they start the app), but the one that will upload them will be the admin client.

Also, I would be thankful if you tell me if its possible to store lists of data types that contain sub data types? For example - a list of "lectures", each one including an image url, title, description, start date, etc.

Thank you in advance!

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

It sounds like what you're after is our Content Delivery Network feature: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-content/cdn.

You can upload video through the portal or through utilizing the admin API and we handle distribution globally to your players. Be aware that CDN is a paid service so you'll need to provide us payment information.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

officetest avatar image officetest commented ·

Thank you for this! I am aware that the CDN uploading can only be used from the admin API. What I cannot understand is if I build my app with the admin API enabled, this is going to make uploads avaiable from all clients right? Because in the build I've made the admin API is enabled.

Or I build it with admin API enabled, but only my ID (which perhaps is remembered as admin) is allowed to use it?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ officetest commented ·

Make sure you're not shipping a client that contains actual calls to the admin API or your Secret Key. Many of our SDKs do contain the Admin API, but as long as the key isn't available to the client, it can't do anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan officetest commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.