question

fidelsurtida avatar image
fidelsurtida asked

AndroidLoginDeviceID returns Error 409 Conflict on my phone and cannot Log in.

I've been implementing android device login and link and login to facebook to my android game. Everything works fine until today, I can't login my android device to my game anymore and returns a Conflict 409 Error on the android logs

08-15 08:02:45.345: I/Unity(15499): /Client/LoginWithAndroidDeviceID: 409 Conflict

I think what caused this is I've been testing multiple accounts using 2 pc and 1 phone and I've been creating and deleting player accounts without unlinking the android device identifiers. The accounts created on the unity editor can login just fine but when my android device creates another player it returns that error 409. I think maybe my android device has been blocked by the function to login.

Is it possible to request on your side to completely clear all player details that has been deleted? It still shows 16 players but i've already deleted them all in game manager.

Here is my device unique identifier: 08e1aec2d3a74d05b38f90d5b52a0630

My title ID is : 89AF Hammer Blocks

Thanks and regards.

Player Dataandroid
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, there's no difference between making an API call to us from your phone or the Unity editor. If they are both sending the same Device ID in the call, they would both sign into the same account. I just checked, and I can sign into that player profile without any problems. If you're getting a 409 back from any call, and you've confirmed that you don't have multiple calls going out back-to-back that could be interfering with each other, you'll need to get the specific values that are being passed into the call to log in. One other possibility - if you queued the account for deletion without unlinking the Device ID, there's going to be a period of time during which you cannot re-use the ID. Bear in mind that account deletion which is not instantaneous - it's a queued process with the delay being dependent upon how many other accounts are awaiting deletion (across all titles).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fidelsurtida avatar image fidelsurtida commented ·

Hi Brendan, Yep they can login fine now because i entered and linked the android uiser device id manually in the game manager. But if i unlink it and login it through my phone then normally it would create a new player account but instead will return 409. sorry for confusing you. I entered it manually to continue my progress of game development.

I was hoping if there is the possibility to reset the android references on your side for me to peacefully create a new account on my phone. And i'll will not delete anymore the player so that it won't happen again. If not how long do you think is the approx deletion of accounts? will it reduce the player count displayed in game manager?

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fidelsurtida commented ·

Deletion shouldn't be taking more than an hour or so, at most - it's usually much faster. But the count on that page reflects all the players that signed in, even if they have been deleted (as the PlayFab ID remains, behind the scenes). But I'm still not clear on how you're getting that 409 error. Again, there's zero difference between making the call from your phone or the editor (or Postman, for that matter), if you're passing in the same parameters. Can you repro this in any way without your phone?

0 Likes 0 ·
fidelsurtida avatar image fidelsurtida brendan commented ·

I tried login on my friend's android phone and it works fine. Its just that my own testing phone is already linked to many playfab account that's why maybe if it logs in to playfab it calls multiple playfab account that produces the 409 error. Anyway i'm relieved that this will happen only in my phone because of multiple delete and connect of same android id (which is my phone).

0 Likes 0 ·
dev-3 avatar image
dev-3 answered
1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

That's addressed in the other thread, for those who encounter this later.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.