question

zlowrance avatar image
zlowrance asked

Check if a user is in a game

There an easy way to check if a given player is already in a game?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Can you share more context about this question? From where are you trying to make this determination? Are you talking about matchmaking, or just standard login? What would you do with the information?

0 Likes 0 ·
zlowrance avatar image zlowrance commented ·

Either from the client api or server api or both. I guess cloudscript would be fine also. Just trying to see if there's an easy way to keep players from joining multiple games using the same account simultaneously. I know that joining a lobby generates an event so I guess I could listen for that and set a flag but just seeing if something already exists.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

We've seen asks for ensuring single point of presence in the past and it's on our list of features we'd like to deliver in the future. For now, you could use user data to store user login information and check it on subsequent logins to try and detect a single user on multiple devices. That could be done through cloud script or a dedicated server for a little bit more security

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.