question

conorstephens avatar image
conorstephens asked

Steam Android joint account

My game is a windows game and I use login with Steam when creating accounts

I am porting to android and starting to use login with Google.

Is there any way to connect the two without having to use login with email address?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Steam login is specific to the Steam service - if the client device does not have the Steam application running, it's not possible for you to get a ticket from that service, to use for sign-in. So you do have to have a login method linked to the player account that you can use from a client that doesn't have the Steam application, before you'll be able to use something device-specific, like the Device ID, to sign into the account. My question would be: Since you're adding Google auth, why not just use that, rather than add an email or username login? The player should be able to sign into their Google account from any device that can run Steam.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.