question

Thiago Lopes Rosa avatar image
Thiago Lopes Rosa asked

Google identity is not shown on GameManager after successful link

As you can see below, it doesn't show the "Google Account" which were already successfully linked for this player. It should show the "Google Account" like it does for the "Facebook Account"!

untitled-3.png

untitled-2.png

Account Management
untitled-2.png (27.1 KiB)
untitled-3.png (34.5 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Could you provide more information about how you're performing the link as well as what title you're doing this on?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiago Lopes Rosa avatar image Thiago Lopes Rosa Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Title ID: 3062

Player ID: 5579983E4A97801D

This player already has a google account linked using (PlayFabClientAPI.LinkGoogleAccount). When I try to link the same google account to another player, it returns PlayFabErrorCode.LinkedAccountAlreadyClaimed which is expected.

My question is why the screenshot "untitled-2.png" doesn't show the Google Account identity?

The screenshot "untitled-3.png" shows the Facebook identity when it has a Facebook link.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Thiago Lopes Rosa commented ·

Okay, I agree that player does have a google play account attached to their identity and I, too, would expect it to be visible there. I'll ask around and get to the bottom of why it's not.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

It looks like this is a bug that's been reported by a few other titles. Thanks for bringing it back up! The accounts are linked, but something is preventing that link from being displayed. We've updated the bug with your latest info and I'll work with the services team on a solution.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.