question

mbneto avatar image
mbneto asked

Archived games tab returns Error 500

It worked fine earlier in the day, but now it always returns HTTP error 500:

https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/58B4/servers/archived-games

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I can reproduce the 500 error on your title. I've filed a bug with our dev team to investigate and potentially fix.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

@MBNeto The issue should be fixed now. It's working for me but could you give it a try and confirm?

0 Likes 0 ·
mbneto avatar image mbneto Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, everything works fine now, thanks!

By the way, we think we know we did that broke it.

One server build we uploaded was closing as soon as any players connected to it and we were trying to investigate but couldn't get to the match logs. Nothing seemed out of place, until we noticed this build zip file was a bit larger than the one we uploaded before: the uncompressed files totaled 1094MBs, which is over our current limit. We deleted over 300MBs worth of PDB files (which shouldn't be bundled with the build since we store them) and the new smaller build worked.

Our theory is that your servers enforce the max build size limit using storage quotas on the build folder and that particular build was just under the limit but left no space for writing log files, crashing the game instance and somehow breaking the match archiving process.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.