question

johndose avatar image
johndose asked

For beginner Need whole project example

Hi playfab devs,

I am really new for backend develop, I currently work with unity and I am looking for something to help me deal with backend server, and I found playfab. The function playfab supply is quite good. However, when I search for video tutorial or whole project example(github), there are nothing really give me a useful information. Not only sample in github is outdated(build in 5.X version, currently unity is in 2018.1.6f1), but also the only one tutorial in youtube is not come from offical. This is really hard for beginner who want to figure how to use playfab function correctly.

Is that have any plan to have full example or work flow tutorial video or demonstration project to help for beginner?Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dgupta avatar image
dgupta answered

Hey Johndose! I was just like you when I started. With a quick google search I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPRqaRQ4K7g which explains the login functionality. There are more videos there by playfab which explain even more things. Some of them are quite old and show and older game manager, but you can get the basic concepts of everything to build from there. I personally decided to figure out what I wanted to do then learned how I can implement that with Playfab rather than just try to learn everything. I would say start from login and work your way through inventory items and custom data. There is a general format to all the playfab login calls and once you get a handle of how those work within Unity (which you should be able to do with a couple youtube videos) you should be able to figure out everything by just having a look at the playfab api. Hope this helps!

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

THanks, dgupta. We've been mainly focused on our tutorials and documentation, but we're also going to be filming some newer video tutorials in the near future, to help with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
johndose avatar image johndose commented ·

Thank you everyone. I am really glad I can get these information, thank you all.

But after all, even I would try my best with @dgupta suggested video, I would still look forward to have some newer video tutorial, that will be really helpful for beginner.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image
franklinchen answered

Hey johndose, thank you for your suggestion. I fully understand this will be less friendly to beginner.

As @dgupta mentioned, the most important thing is to learn how to implement your design with Playfab API and go to success with the effective LiveOps strategy.

I believe you are referring to this github repository

Indeed, currently these quick examples are built in 5.X version. But it will be easy to upgrade to the latest version of Unity, Unity provides built-in functions to process the legacy code, if you still see compile error, please re-import the latest Unity, Google or third-party SDKs.

Welcome to raise your question, would love to help:)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.