question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

What options do I have for custom game logic?

Question from a developer:

What options exist for any logic I need my game to have, which has to be server-authoritative so that hacked clients can't cheat?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There are two primary ways to have custom game logic in the cloud, both available to Premium tier titles:

Cloud Script

PlayFab provides for hosting of custom JavaScript logic for titles in what we refer to as Cloud Script. This allows titles to add a wide range of server-backed functionality, from cheat detection and prevention to securely awarding players with in-game goods and more.

Hosted Game Servers

For titles needing more complex, low-latency logic running in the cloud, PlayFab can host dedicated servers for you, using our existing Matchmaking service to direct players to the game server instances or your own custom matchmaker integrated with our service. Server builds can can be uploaded and managed via the PlayFab Game Manager, including controlling active regions for builds, and the number of instances which can be hosted on a physical or virtual server. Have a look at this post for more info.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.