question

Anthony avatar image
Anthony asked

,What does PlayFab do with user information?

I was looking for a response from a user or maybe a PlayFab employee about users privacy. If I were to say use a players Google account and link it to their PlayFab account/ID would PlayFab use that information of my player base? I don't want the users of my game to be getting emails/mailing lists because I signed them up for a PlayFab account with their google/email accounts.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Our policies around privacy (and the GDPR) are spelled out in our Terms of Service (

ToS) in sections 3 and 4. Short story is that we don't do anything with specific players' data that you don't ask us to do. We do use the data in aggregate to improve the PlayFab services, but we don't share Personal Information with external parties.

In your specific case, linking a Google account to a PlayFab Id should be completely invisible to your players and they should never see any indication that the two were linked, beyond the ease of signing into your game.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.