question

matb369 avatar image
matb369 asked

Can i trigger events in the client game without doing requests?

I saw that playfab permits multiple devices logins to same account, so, theres a way to trigger an event in all devices when one of them change the value of an player variable?

For example, if the player beat a monster, theres a way in Unity to trigger an event to update the player exp ammount in the other devices?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm not sure I understand the request. The player account has one set of data. So if you update it, you'll get that updated value on all endpoints on the next request, regardless of the login device type.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

matb369 avatar image matb369 commented ·

Actually, i was trying to ask if theres anyway to notify Unity that the value has changed, without i need to make a new "playfabapi.getuserdata"(or something like this) to see if it changes

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan matb369 commented ·

Not at the moment, but what is your scenario, exactly? Do you have a companion application to your main game, such that you expect the player to be signed into their account on two devices at the same time?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.