question

adrianvoinea avatar image
adrianvoinea asked

Title Data Propagation Speed

Hello,

I have a question about the way Title Data Propagates throughout all users.

I currently see a desync between different entries in the title data, and this is cause for concern on my end, as some of my title data is interdependent.

To paint the whole picture, I have a title data entry called "TOC" (table of contents), which holds a versioning for each other title data entries.

The client will only download the "TOC", and compared it to the local versioning, and if a higher version is retrieved, it will proceed to download the actual title data entry.

However, I'm experiencing desync between the "TOC" and the actual Title Data entry.. being the TOC changes propagate much faster, thus I'm seeing clients downloading a newer TOC, but older entries referenced by the "TOC"....

Is there any way to create a dependency between two Title Data entries, or make sure that all Title Data entries are propagated at the same time?

Thank you,

Adrian

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, the quick answer is no, Title Data is a sharded and cached resource, so when you update it there's going to be a variable amount of time between that and when all the endpoints have the latest data. And since they're separate keys, they'll be updated separately.

Now, if you want data to be updated all at once at a certain time, your best bet is to have the Title Data have timestamps, so that you can specify upcoming event data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.